Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Adventures at Panera

Funny story. As most of my past brides know, I often meet clients at restaurants, coffee houses, etc.... So tonight I had a meeting at Starbucks in Alabaster at 5:45pm and one at Panera in Birmingham at 8:00pm. Both were brides from out of state that came home this week to work on wedding plans.

The first meeting went very well and the bride and I really hit it off. We chatted about the ceremony and reception locations and looked at albums... The second meeting went equally as well. After the meeting we decided to ride over to the church and look around at what kind of outdoor areas were available. When we got back to my car at Panera we still had so much we wanted to talk about... So we sat in the bride's mother's car and looked at magazines and her wedding binder and all that good stuff.

So after a while we say our good-byes and get ready to leave. I'm sitting in my car and I look over and the bride is waving at me. Their car battery had died while we were sitting there talking! Neither of us had jumper cables! OH NO! Its now 11:00pm and there are no stores open. So I find a security guard. He says he'll have someone to us in 10 minutes... 30 minutes and one AAA lady later, I decide to go find some myself instead of leaving them to wait an hour for AAA. Well.... that task wasn't as easy as I thought. I finally find a guy at the Cheesecake Factory who has some! He follows me to the bride & her mom, jumps the car off, and saves the day. He even refused the $20 her mom tried to pay him.... What a great guy!

People ARE good.